Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   When will you be in Egypt? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/when-will-you-be-in-egypt-823079/)

samcat Jan 23rd, 2010 06:16 AM

When will you be in Egypt?

I've seen posts from at least three others about trips to Egypt in February. My husband and I will arrive in Cairo on February 10 and depart Egpyt on February 20. After a few days in Cairo, we fly to Luxor, do a four-night Nile cruise, fly to Abu Simbel, then back to Cairo for departure. We are with an AHI Tour through Emory University Alumni in Atlanta.
I'm interested in when and where the others of you are going.

fluffnfold Jan 23rd, 2010 06:40 AM

My husband and I will be there at the exact times as you and yours, but our itinerary is a little different. We will be in Jordan from February 11 to 14 (Dead Sea, Petra), then in Egypt from February 14 to 20 (Cairo, Luxor, Abu Simbel). We opted not to take a cruise, and we are travelling independently.

It seems the weather isn't going to be as warm as I expected--the current forecast for mid-February is predicting lows of 50 degrees and highs of 70 degrees. I'm hoping that's more conducive to touring than baking in the hot sun and/or dealing with sandstorms.

I'm really looking forward to this trip, as I'm sure you are too. Happy travels!

raelond Jan 23rd, 2010 08:12 AM

We arrive in Cairo March 8 after 4 nights in Rome. We return home March 19.

john61 Jan 23rd, 2010 10:09 PM

we will arrive in cairo on March 14th and leave on the 27th

JerryS Jan 28th, 2010 01:30 AM

We arrive in Cairo on February 4 and depart for Jordan on February 11. we will be in Jordan February 11-14, visting Petra, Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea.
We are on a private tour with STI Travel (Sakarra) and will be staying at Longchamps Hotel in Cairo.

MyriamC Feb 7th, 2010 01:19 PM

We will be in Hurghada (Red Sea) from March 7th until 15th. Snorkeling, diving, relaxing under the warm Egyptian sun. We need it after a long and cold winter.

TravelTrio Feb 7th, 2010 04:39 PM

Family of 4 going 26 March through 5 April, and using LadyEgypt to plan. Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Luxor, Sharm El Sheikh, Wadi Rum, Petra, Amman. We'll be the exhausted-looking ones, rushing past in a blur..... but we want to go and only have the 10 days.

MissGreen Feb 7th, 2010 11:01 PM

My Husband and I depart Australia on the 8th September and arrive in Egypt on Sept 9th. We depart for Jordan on 24th September and then return to Egypt again on the 30th September, then depart Cairo on 1st October. We then head to Kuala Lumpur and arrive home on 6th October.

I think we're doing the "normal stuff"... Cairo, Alexandria, Aswan, Abu Simbel (by plane), Luxor (by plane), 3 night nile cruise.

In Jordan we're doing Amman, Desert castles, Jerash, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum.

silleb Feb 8th, 2010 04:47 AM

My parents and I will be in Egypt from Feb 15-Feb 28!!!

doctorjohn Feb 8th, 2010 11:44 AM

I'll be there March 5-13/2010. Then going to Jordan.

BeniciaChris Feb 9th, 2010 07:55 PM

Miss Green-My husband & I will be in Cairo Sept 29th-Palace Marriott. Staying 2 nights with Ahamed touring us. If you are stying there at same time lets have a drink.
We will be in Egypt/Jordan till October 25th, if anyone else there and our places are the same would love to meet up. We have our itenary now. Looking forward to the wonderful trip-chris

MissGreen Feb 9th, 2010 11:07 PM

BeniciaChris... I am at the Cairo Marriott... is that the same as the Palace Marriott???

MissGreen Feb 9th, 2010 11:10 PM

BeniciaChris.. you can email me at [email protected] if you'd like... we can compare notes!

Ramara Feb 10th, 2010 07:03 AM

We are doing Jordan first from Sept 17 to 21

We will be in Cairo from Sept 21 to 24. Then on to Aswan, Nile cruise, Luxor and back to Cairo on Oct.1 before returning home on the 2nd. We'll be at the Cairo Marriott too!

We'll be in the Movenpick Aswan on the 24th
The Oberoi Philae from 25th to 29th
The Sonesta St George in Luxor from 29th to 1st

Would love to meet up with you guys if you are there at the same time!

BeniciaChris Feb 12th, 2010 08:00 PM

Miss Green-I E-mailed you and it looks like we are coming in as you are leaving. Looks like we'll both be at the Marriott on the 30th. Lets try to meet up We will be touring during the day but will have the night-maybe pretty heavy eyes after the long flight. It will be fun to see how your trip was while it is fresh in your mind. We will prety much have the same itenary-This should be fun-Chris
PS MY nephew just left today to go to school in Australia for the next term. Is a curricular program through Furman University-my sister said they are going to the Great Barrier Reef first

davecutter73 Feb 26th, 2010 01:50 PM

we are going 4/10 to 18/10 2010 only booked today but it is our fourth time hope you enjoy egypt as much as us.