Search

When to go?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Wulfstan

When to go?

When would be a great time to go to South Africa and see the sites there? Anytime outside the tour hordes with good weather? Also does anyone know if South African Airlines offers a pass where you can fly to different cities? (like boomerang pass in Aussie), thanks in advance

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:07 AM
traci

Just about any time in SA is good - we have our freakish weather like anyone else but you cannot predict it. The best time of year will depend greatly on what you want to see and do - it's a big country. Game viewing is best in winter - but then Cape Town is miserable in winter. Assuming that tourist season is June/July and December, then I can suggest November for just about anywhere in the country. I must add that today we are living up to the sunny SA tag: it is 30 degrees and cloudless outside - stunning! Some people prefer February and March, they argue that it is not as hot. To my knowledge SAA does not offer anything like the US VUSA pass, you will need to book each leg of the recquired flight. You may get a cheaper rate if it is tagged onto your international flight.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:55 AM
wulfstan

Thanks Traci...thinking of OCT as most boards/web sites suggest that time. Also we are having a lay over in HNG for 5 or so days and the weather is great there then too. Just wondering on suggested sites within SA? The Kruger park, garden tour...any others you think of?

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Yiza

Hi Wulfstan<BR>I live in Cape Town and can help you plan your trip. I know of lots of the &quot;in &amp; Outs&quot; of travel in around South Africa.<BR>Please do contact me, I would love to help you.<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:48 AM
xxx

Yiza-<BR>You and every other travel agent in SA, I imagine. Unless you have suggestions, post your ads elsewhere. xxx

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Wulfstan

wow! you even posted on the Lonely Planet board.....what happened they didnt give you a free room or any kickbacks to rate the place?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Wulfstan

oops disregard the above post....sorry