Search

Wonderful hotel in Cairo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 06:49 AM
Sandy

Wonderful hotel in Cairo

We stayed in the Windsor Hotel in Cairo and loved it. We had room 5, a deluxe corner room with twin beds, mini bar, a/c, high ceilings, sitting area, full bath w/tub for about $31/night inc. breakfast (we received a 25% discount for having the Let's Go guide). <BR> <BR>The hotel personnel speak perfect English and are very nice and helpful. We were about 2 blocks from a metro station and in an area close to everything but away from the high-end hotels, thus we were not constantly pestered to buy something. <BR> <BR>They have a website: www.windsorcairo.com. There's a little bit of peeling paint but this hotel is charming and historic. If and when we return to Cairo, this will certainly be our home again. <BR> <BR>Sandy & Vicki

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 01:15 PM
Bill

<BR>Thanks for your tip. I am planning to go to Syria next year (see my July 5 post) but also plan on spending a few days in Cairo. The Windsor Hotel sounds just like the type of hotel I would like. Again, thanks for the message.

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 09:55 PM
ALI

I am so glad to hear such praise first hand. I spent weeks trying to decide which hotel I would spend a few days in before joining an organized tour at the end of this year (Trafalgar). What is so coincidental about the Windsor Hotel is that I saw it in a travel show (Rick Steves) and a few days ago it was featured in a movie "Legend of the Lost Tomb". I am glad to hear about the Let's Go discount. That's the ONLY guide I haven't bought. Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge of the Windsor and their e-mail address. I've looked everywhere for it. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 06:50 AM
glyn

dear sandy <BR>sounds like the windsors the place to stay, we want to visit in october and try to do a bir of site seeing without spending a fortune on tours with that ever pleasant last stop at the souvenir shop !!!. would the windsor make a good base, have you got ant tips or tours you would recommend, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, i spent 6 months in auz last year if you would like any tips for down under, <BR>thanks Glyn

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 05:48 PM
Ali

Sandy, I am also interested in day trip tours to Alexandria from Cairo. Are they readily available? Can you recommend any particular company. Thanks so much for all your help. <BR>