Search

morocco-tour or on our own?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:01 PM
traveler

morocco-tour or on our own?

planning trip to morocco 1st week in april 2003. not sure if we should book a tour or just head out on our own. i have heard that some of the tour groups are not reputable??<BR><BR>any suggestions much appreciated. thanks.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Sue

I have two suggestions for independent touring - I have used both individuals and was very happy. Prices are very reasonable. Please e-mail if you would like names and emails

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:53 PM
KJS

Last year a friend and I went (2 females, early 30's). We had only 5 days, so we wanted to see as much as possible. We booked our own driver/english speaking guide through Geopassage (check out: http://www.geopassage.com). It was excellent. I am not a big fan of tour groups(like to travel on my own). This was a great way of having a guide, not being in a group and getting to see everything we wanted in a short period of time. Price was pretty reasonable as well.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Michael

We did it on our own a few years back. But we hired guides (both official and unoffical) to see the sights in the cities.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Roni

Hello<BR><BR>It is best to book an organized tour in Morocco. There are alot of cultural restrictions and I think you would be more comfotable and you will get more out of your trip if you are part of a structured group.<BR><BR>you should concentrate on Fez, Marrakesh and some areas off the beaten track like Erfoud and Ourzazzate, spectacular views and everything is calm beautiful and fresh!<BR><BR>Email me if you would like more info