Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > What would everyone here think about a single thread where we could post bargains or special sales that we come across???

What would everyone here think about a single thread where we could post bargains or special sales that we come across???

Mar 28th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

What would everyone here think about a single thread where we could post bargains or special sales that we come across???

Of course, the fear is that before long it will be travel agents posting spam.

However, sometimes I come across really good looking deals, as I am sure others do as well, and it seems like it could be of great benefit.

Last year, for example, I was able to get Matetsi Water Lodge for 1/2 price ($330 USD instead of $660 USD). Had I not stayed at Matetsi I would have been stuck in the town of Victoria Falls and probably had a horrible time. When I did post about Matetsi last year, I got numerous requests from other Fodorites asking where they could find that same rate.

The subject would desirably be kept to a single thread. What do you all think?
Mar 28th, 2003, 06:51 AM

I think it is a great idea Rocco.Would sure save a lot of searching and posting.
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:52 PM

Roccco,

Brilliant idea.

All that has to happen is we need to open a thread and kee it alive by adding ideas. If the thread is well supported it will always stay somehwere on the top of all mails on the FODORS and will be available for all to peruse.

All we need is a good idea, tip or deal to get the ball rolling. I might even be able to negotiate some deals in Cape Town and on the Garen Route that if an enquiry is made via the Fodors page then a discount has to be offered.

Just my twopence worth.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Selwyn,

OK, well let's start the thread with a great place that I would not have found anytime soon without your help...Tsala Treetop Lodge. 4 nights for the price of 3 until September 30th, I believe.

I know of a couple more that I will post on there, as well.

Let's post a separate reply for each special rather than putting three different places all in the same reply so that they do not get lost in a long response.

Search this Thread