What to wear in Israel?

Jun 1st, 2000, 10:06 PM
Lars

What to wear in Israel?

Hi, I'm going to Israel in the middle of June. What to wear? The days are hot, I know, but how about the evenings and nights? Will a pullover do, or is a jacket a necessary thing? Is a shirt with short sleaves appropiate on all occacions or are long sleaves to be prefered?

Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:03 AM
Judy

Lars,
It can get cool in the hill towns (Jerusalem, Safed) in the evenings. I think a sweater would be sufficient. Try this website for current and historical weather in Israel. www.netdoor.com/com/umcos/weather.html

Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:34 AM
Ada

Lars,
It is hot in Israel!
Other then evenings in Jerusalem and in the mountains of Galilee, short sleeves, jeans, tank tops, shorts, sandals are all suitable.
On the mountains you will need a light pullover or something light with long sleeves.
You will have to wear long pants (not shorts) when you enter a holy place or go out in the evening to a fancy restaurant. T shirts are almost always OK.
Ada

Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:28 AM
Michele

Lars,
As stated above, the evenings will be cool in Jerusalem and the mountainous areas in northern Israel. A sweater or pullover would be fine for evenings. You don't have to have a long-sleeved shirt at all, or a jacket. If you want to dine in a nicer place, even a nicer looking short-sleeved shirt is fine. Just beware that if you are going to any holy places, you will need to wear pants, not shorts. But one or two pairs is really all you should need, depending on the length of your stay.

Shalom and enjoy!

Search this Thread