What to See and Do in Cape Town

Dec 25th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Erich

What to See and Do in Cape Town

I am planning a visit (first time) to Cape Town in April or May 2001. Could someone please give me recommendations on what to see and do while I am there? I only have about 8-10 days, so I want to make the most of my time. I am quite interested in wine making and would appreciate the names and locations of some of the top wineries in the region. Are there particular towns outside of Cape Town that would be nice to visit?

I would very much appreciate your input. If I can reciprocate with travel information on San Francisco, California, please let me know.

Thank you,
Erich

Jan 1st, 2001, 03:59 AM
Jasper

April - May is the best time to visit Cape Town. There are so many things to do and places to visit, I can not put it all on this page. Contact me and I can give you some suggestions.
Jasper Louw

Feb 10th, 2001, 04:45 AM
EDWIN GILHAM

You can take a look at my website at www.railcruisesa.co.za - Although you will be staying in the Cape Area - there are many links to attractions in the winlands area. Stellenbosch - Tulbagh - Worcester - Breede River Valley - De Doorns.
On the trip to Franschhoek from Stellenbosch don't forget to stop at the Hilcrest Berry Farm very near to and just after the L'Pommier restaurant - Have coffee and icecream with picked berries and enjoy the view. Boschendal is also on this route and is worth a stop.
I may take you up on info for San F

Search this Thread