What to pack?

Nov 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

What to pack?

My husband and I are going to Capetown for a week and then to Chief's Camp and Chobe Chilwero in early December. Can anyone enlighten us on what to pack? Many thanks in advance.
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:30 PM

type "TC" in search. The thread was titled "Safari in Kenya"...tips, packing etc. Lots of great packing tips after you pass the trip report I thought.
Nov 7th, 2005, 04:29 AM

ssyuvienco,
My husband and I just returned last week from two and a half weeks in South Africa. We spent a week in Cape Town and found the weather beautiful - cool but sunny - it was spring, going into summer there. Bring whatever clothes you would wear in summer at home - tees, pants, linens for dress-up and always a light jacket for going up Table Mountain and along the shore. It will probably be warmer in December, but weather is changeable. Cape Town is a lively city and fun to walk places. If you don't want to look like a tourist all the time, don't wear skin tight jeans or shorts and flip/flop shoes except when on the beach. And never go out in the evening to a nice restaurant dressed for the beach.
As for the safari, comfortable neutral colors are best. If you don't have this type of clothing on hand, you can find them almost anywhere, or in the travel clothes catalogs. Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes (no flip/flops) and a sweatshirt or light jacket (early morning and late evenings get quite cold in this part of the world). Above all, take your malaria meds, camera and binoculars....and prepare to have a lot of fun! - Joan

Search this Thread