Notices

What to do with a free day in Entebbe?

Mar 11th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

What to do with a free day in Entebbe?

Well, I am very pleased to announce that my wife and I have now booked our Ethiopia/Uganda/Rwanda trip beginning on 12/22/2006. There is one "gap" in our schedule that I'd like to ask for advice on. On the morning of January 1, 2007, we will be on Ngamba Island, having spent New Year's Eve there. After having breakfast and doing the morning chimp walk/feeding, I assume we'll be taking a boat back to Entebbe in the late morning time frame. Our flight to Kigali does not leave until about 10pm that evening, so we have a good portion of a day to spend in or around Entebbe. Does anyone have any recommendations about what to do with that free time?
Thanks in advance!
Chris
Mar 11th, 2006, 06:57 AM

The Kasubi tombs are within driving distance from Entebbe. They became a World Heritage Site a few years back. The tombs are the largest mausoleum in Africa and a special burial place for Buganda kings.

http://whc.unesco.org/pg.cfm?cid=31&id_site=1022

I have not visited them myself yet but hope too.

New Years with the chimps! Do you think they'll have silly hats, noisemakers, and those roll out party favors you blow into?

Good luck filling your gap and with the trip as a whole!
Mar 11th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Hey Lynn, I am betting the chimps will make plenty of noise without needing any assistance from horns or noisemakers!

Thanks for the suggestion of the tombs.

Chris

Search this Thread