What to do in Sun City after business??

Oct 29th, 1999, 09:04 AM
Amy

What to do in Sun City after business??

hi, I am staying in Sun City for 5 days while attending a conference. While this is not my ideal choice of locations in SA, all expenses are paid so I am not complaining. The conference includes a 1/2 day game drive thru Pilanesburg and several other "sanitized" activites for after business hours. I am planning to stay 3 days after the conference ends and I am wondering what I can find to do in that area. I understand that SC is very "Las Vegas" like. Is it possible to do any mountain biking in interesting areas or rent a car and just drive about? I'd like to escape a bit from the SC environs but still want to stay safe. Our flight leaves from Jo'burg back to the states late at night so I was thinking of spending the last day travelling to Jo'burg and perhaps taking the Jimmy's Face to Face tour. Also what clothing should I pack for mid March? I am a light traveller and want to take as little clothing and as much film as possible. Thanks in advance!
Amy

Nov 3rd, 1999, 10:23 PM
Alick

If you do decide to spend a day in Johannesburg, a visit to Gold Reef City is worth while. This includes a trip down a disused mine, as well as a gold pour. The weather here in March is hot (upper 20's to low 30's C), but expect some short sharp thundershowers.

Enjoy your trip.

Search this Thread