What to do in Sharm El Sheik and advice on Hotels.

Aug 31st, 2000, 02:07 AM
Javier

What to do in Sharm El Sheik and advice on Hotels.

I am going with my family end October to Sharm El Sheik, What to do there?, is a relax place?, good beach? cultural? good places for dinner? , safe?.

Also please some one give me advice how the Hotels we have two choices: "Partner Aida Hotel" and "Hotel Partner turquoise" are. And if known which one do you think is in better shape??.

Thank you very much in advance.

Javier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aug 31st, 2000, 06:23 PM
Mary

Javier,
I was in Sharm the 1st week of August. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency -- a BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, 5-star resort with wonderful snorkeling. What is there to do there? Snorkeling, of course! Besides that, relaxing and sunning! One thing we REALLY wanted to do was a tour to St. Catherine's and Mt. Sinai. It appeared, from the tour offerings at the Hyatt, that the tours are on Tuesdays and Saturday. They leave either at 10:30pm, in which case you climb the mountain (a 2-hour foot climb, from what I hear) in the dark to watch the sunrise from atop; or at 6/7 am, in which case you climb in the heat of the day (NOT desirable!). If I were to do it again and be able to do this tour I would not pay for my hotel room that night, but have the hotel merely keep my bags.

Email me if you have more questions.

Search this Thread