Reload this Page >

border crossing between Egypt and Israel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:49 PM
Jo

Is there any border crossing between Israel and Egypt where they won't stamp your passport, I am coming from Israel?

Old May 21st, 2000, 11:42 AM
Linda

I'm not sure, but my daughter told me that if you asked they would put your stamp on a separate page (not in your passport). <BR> <BR>Has anyone out there experienced this?

Old May 26th, 2000, 09:57 PM
Jo

Hi Linda, <BR>I've also heard that they will stamp a piece of paper for you at the airports, but I'm still a little unsure about the border crossings, some books say that they won't when crossing into to Egypt. Has anyone crossed at theses borders and could offer some advice?

Old May 28th, 2000, 12:00 AM
Malca

Hello Jo, <BR> <BR>You can't cross to Egypt without stamping your passport. You need also <BR>a visa to enter Egypt. <BR> <BR>Malca <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:34 AM
edkchicago

I was in Israel and Egypt last October and crossed the border to go to St. Katherine (MT. Sinai). The border crossing was miserable--be prepared. The problems are all associated with the Israel border crossing people. Give your self plenty of time. We crossed the border, climbed Mt. Sinai, visited St. Katherine and went back into Isreal all in 24 hours. Coming back into Isreal was horrendous--over an hour--they checked our backbacks and questions each person in our group or at least 5 minutes each. Our group was primarily made up of 50+ (It was a religious pilmigrage of the holy land). So be prepared and give it plenty of time. The Egyptian are so much more courteous and friendly. <BR> <BR>I know there are issues with terroism, but would a smile and a pleasant manner be too much to ask. Even when leaving the airport at the end of our trip, the group consensus was on how rude, abrupt and short the interviewers were with everyone. This is one memory that will linger with all on our trip.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:35 AM
edkchicago

Sorry but both countries will stamp your passport. Several people in our party also did not want stamps in their passports but the border crossing people would not comply.