What a mess...

Apr 18th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

What a mess...

My sister has just cancelled on me, as she just got engaged and will be married later this year. While I am happy for her, this does change things quite a bit.

Although I hate to do it, I may be looking at dropping North Luangwa, as a result. The reason for this is because now my wife definitely wants me to be around in Cape Town, when before she would have had both my mom and my sister (who is about a year younger than my wife).

I don't know how my deposits have been spread around but hopefully I will not lose anything, as the trip is still 4.5 months away.

So now, I am thinking of the following itinerary:

Kasaka River Lodge, Lower Zambezi (4)
Luangwa River Lodge, South Luangwa (4)
Twelve Apostles Hotel, Cape Town (4)
Simbambili, Sabi Sand (2)
Londolozi Bateleur, Sabi Sand (2)
Madikwe Safari Lodge, Madikwe (3)

I don't mind the abbreviated stays at Simbambili and Londolozi since it will take no more than 30 minutes to transfer between the lodges. It is actually cheaper for an air transfer than for a ground transfer. Actual flying time will probably be five minutes.

Each Simbambili, Londolozi Bateleur and Madikwe Safari Lodge each feature individual private plunge pools.

Now with the trio, I definitely need to go the CCAfrica route wherever possible to take advantage of the fact that they waive the single supplement (plus when you buy a minimum of 4 nights at 2 of their camps, you get 1 night free).

While this changes the whole dynamics of this trip, it does allow me to spend the entire time with my family.

Hopefully this is the last of the monkey wrenches involved and it is smooth sailing from here on out.

Search this Thread