Whale Cottage - Camps Bay - Reviews please

Sep 29th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

Whale Cottage - Camps Bay - Reviews please

We are booked for 2 nights at the Whale Cottage - Camps bay. Now, looking at the reviews in Fodors for the Whale Cottage Bakoven we are thinking of changing as reviewers give it a slating. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel?
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM

JimSteel,

Firstly Whale Cottage is not a hotel, it is a guesthouse.

I know Whale Cottage reasonably well in that I have done a recognisance at this venue for the purposes of some of my visitors in Cape Town who wanted to stay at the venue. In a nutshell the place was fine to stay at however it did not come up to the standard that my visitors wanted in that the rooms were rather small in their opinion. With that said if you want my opinion, not that there is anything wrong with Whale Cottage, you could probably do much better for yourself value for money wise and size wise in quite a number of other establishments that are all close by to where Whale Cottage is located.

If I was making the choice I would much quicker stay at Blue Waters which is just down the road from Whale Cottage. http://www.bluewaters.co.za/movie.html The more expensive Camps Bay Terrace (http://www.campsbayterrace.com/)which is closer to Camps Bay than Whale Cottage is also a fantastic place to stay.

Your views at these guesthouses will be as good if not better than Whale Cottage. Camps Bay Terrace's views are absolutely outstanding and nothing will beat this in Camps Bay in my opinion but then I want to repeat the venue is more pricey than Whale Cottage.

Another great website to look at is at www.noxrentals.co.za Great choices in terms of Camps Bay accommodations. Go look at Funkey Apartment on this site. I saw this apartment today and would really recommend it highly. Truly wonderful place to stay

Just my twopence worth which I hope helps you in your decision making process.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Selwyn. Many thanks for these suggestions I will check them out.

Jim

Search this Thread