western serengeti

Jan 26th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

western serengeti

hi, I finally found a tour operator who can offer me the itinary I'd like to follow at an affordable price. However, only 2 nights are in a camp that seems less interesting to me, in Ikoma Bush Camp. We'd be there mid June to end June, and I wanted surely pass by Western Serengeti (in the tour we'll be doing Ndutu for S Serengeti, and Seronera Wildlife Lodge for C Serengeti and to be sure not to miss the migration, I also want to do W Serengeti)

first, i've read some negative reviews on Ikoma Bush Camp. second, it seems to ly more in the north than in the west...

can you help me out ? I have sent the operator already a mail asking him for an alternative for Ikoma Bush Camp, but would like to hear your opinions as well

Jan 26th, 2006, 01:54 PM

To get a better (at least some) response to your post, you may want to repost and title something like "Ikoma Bush Camp?".

Good luck (I am going to East Africa for the first time in August and so cannot be much real help). However, I would strongly advise you to get a quotes from several tour operators. The ones I received varied quite a bit for the exact same thing.
Jan 26th, 2006, 02:44 PM

I think part of the problem is that there aren't really budget priced options in the western Serengeti. Mbalageti, Grumeti River, and Kirawira are all fairly expensive. Prices for the Grumeti Reserves camps are even scarier.

Would you consider a splurge for two nights? If not, maybe this is where you try camping

I did see this on the western border outside of the reserve - http://64.91.230.207/aboutkijereshi.html - but have never seen any reports about this camp.

Good luck!
Jan 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Hi janischa,

My son and I will be spending a couple of nights at Ikoma Camp in late June, so I'd like to read the negative reviews of the camp that you've come across. Where can I find those?

Thanks,

Jack

Search this Thread