Western Cape Hotel and Spa?

Mar 9th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Western Cape Hotel and Spa?

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton owned property "Western Cape Hotel and Spa"? What was your opinion? How's the area? What's the drive like to Capetown?

If you did go to Capetown...how safe and available was parking? The dilema I am having is using points and staying there and driving to Capetown a few times or instead staying in Capetown and paying for a hotel.

Any advice is appreciated...Thanks
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:49 PM

I've been fortunate enough to spend a few days at this venue - also known as "Arabella". It's about 45 minutes drive from Cape Town Airport - straight all the way on the same road - and it's a very scenic drive over Sir Lawrie's pass. The hotel is simply stunning. They have a magnificent golf course which is set in Cape fynbos. If you miss the fairway - forget about finding your ball and take the dropshot! The health spa facilities are also very good. I'm not a lazing in the bath person - but the walls of the bathroom fold back so you can lie in the bath and look out over the estuary. It's really lovely. You can drive straight to wineland areas from Arabella, and will not have a problem getting parking at the major sites in Cape Town (table mountain, robben island ferry, waterfront, etc). Can you tell that I really enjoyed myself ...?

Search this Thread