Westcliff Hotel, Joburg

Sep 1st, 2004, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Westcliff Hotel, Joburg

Here is a special that I thought must be brought to the attention of anyone overnighting in Joburg. Considering that the Michelangelo is over $300 USD per night and that the Grace is probably about the same, the Westcliff is having an unbelievable offer between April 01 - August 31st, working out to only about $185 USD per night for the room.

Absolutely Affordable
This absolutely affordable offer includes one night's king-bedded accommodation in one of the hotel's fabulously appointed standard rooms, complete with thick terry bath sheets and robes and deluxe Molton Brown amenities.

This special offer is priced at R 1240 per couple per night and is available from 01 April to 31 August 2004.
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:52 AM

Hmm. It's a pity it's now 1 September.

But maybe what was probably advertised as a "Winter Special" will be replaced by something similar.
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Arthur,

Oops, I think I meant these rates were valid for 2005, but I could be wrong!

Major brainfart posting about rates ending August 31, 2004!
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:17 AM

Nope. I'm afraid that it WAS 31 August 2004. And earlier I found it using a search, but it now sems to have been deleted.

But the good news is that there is something almost as good, valid to 31 December 2004. The "Have Breakfast On Us" package. R1650 per couple per night, including breakfast. Which that other special didn't seem to include.

What's a little curious is that this and other specials (the "Soul Soother Package" might interest you?) are listed on a page that I didn't see when I took a look at their website. I found the "specials" link only through a local web search. It's at http://tinyurl.com/5znvn

Search this Thread