Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   We're back home ! (at least in body) (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/were-back-home-at-least-in-body-624297/)

LyndaS Jun 17th, 2006 09:32 AM

We're back home ! (at least in body)

Jambo rafiki! ('rafikis' the plural maybe??)

Well, here it is 10:00 Sat. morning, and I have just spent the last 3 hours catching up on the Fodors board posts, reading, looking at all of the incredible pictures, and of course printing out the East Africa trip reports to add to the index! (only found two though.... c'mon guys!)

We got in at suppertime last night, hugged our two cats and the dog for the first hour, ordered pizza, called our son to say we were home, munched the pizza and flaked out at the the right time in order to get up at the right time - perfectly in sync with the time zone changes. (for some reason jet lag never seems to affect us, not sure why for real but I do have one theory...)

Our trip was INCREDIBLE, AWESOME and I am not looking forward to unpacking, laundry and getting back into daily life - which is why the first thing I did was to read the Fodors posts - anything to delay that unpacking, and this way I can pretend I am still in Africa if I am still living out of my not-33lbs-anymore Micato duffle bag.

It was truly the most incredible experience that we have had to date, and I promise I will start my report VERY shortly!

And a note to Kavey and Julian - we got 'home' to Hayes all in one piece Thurs night - what a fabulous evening out we had with you guys! And Kavey, Tomboy made it home AOK in my checked luggage - first thing I checked this morning!

Kwahari for just a bit!!!!!

JanGoss Jun 17th, 2006 10:41 AM

LyndaS:

Welcome back! So glad you had a fantastic trip. Can't wait to hear about it. Hope you are planning on posting pictures also.

matnikstym Jun 17th, 2006 10:55 AM

WELCOME BACK! Glad you had a good time, can't wait for your organized report!! :) Did you use the stapler?
Welcome back!

johan_belgium Jun 17th, 2006 11:07 AM

Lynda,

Welcome back - I am very curious about your trip report and pictures.

Greetings,

Johan

OnlyMeOirish Jun 17th, 2006 12:42 PM

A BIG Welcome back Lynda!! I CAN NOT wait to hear all about your trip... and Kennedy!!
Imelda

jasher Jun 17th, 2006 01:45 PM

Hi Lynda,

Glad to hear that you made it back to the wilds of Hayes in one piece! I really look forward to reading your trip report.

Cheers,
Julian

sandi Jun 17th, 2006 02:12 PM

Welcome Home! You seem to have more energy than I did when I arrived home. My trip report is way off, though have uploaded some phone...these too will take sometime. Work comes first.

It's a shame we didn't meet at "an" airstrip in the Mara, but on my trip out I had a private plane - sole passenger - how lovely; only stop was mine, what they call non-stop!!

Laundry - most of mine was by my hand, and that which has to be sent out to the hand laundry is still waiting! Just too lazy or busy, whatever!

Glad to hear it was wuuuuunderful! And for sure, I know we'll see your trip report in a blink! Miss efficiency that you are.

Patty Jun 17th, 2006 04:30 PM

Karibu nyumbani! Can't wait for your report. I wanna know if you used everything on your list :D

rsnyder Jun 17th, 2006 04:52 PM

Yes, Lynda, welcome back! I need a "fix" so please get a report and some pictures posted!! Dick

lovetodiscover Jun 18th, 2006 12:46 PM

Welcome home Lynda!

Kavey Jun 25th, 2006 08:16 AM

Yay! I've been away in Wales but glad to hear you , Jim and Tomboy made it home safe and sound!