Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Wedjat Tours or LadyEgypt (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/wedjat-tours-or-ladyegypt-837040/)

JLyons5 Apr 23rd, 2010 03:50 PM

Wedjat Tours or LadyEgypt

I am currently deciding on which of these two companies to go with for a late June '10 trip for my mother and myself. I have observed more comments (all positive) about Lady Egypt on Fodors but have had more productive correspondence with Wejdat. Has anyone had recent experiences with either of these companies?

raelond Apr 24th, 2010 05:24 PM

I used Lady Egypt for our March trip to Egypt and they did a wonderful job.

P_M Apr 25th, 2010 06:41 AM

I don't know about Wedjat but I am one of the cheerleaders for Lady Egypt. Prices are great and they can customize a tour to suit your needs.

john61 Apr 25th, 2010 12:27 PM

I just came back Mar 31st from my first Egypt trip. The five in our group used Wedjat Tours and were very happy with them. We were a bit worried as we could not find much about them online, and I am not used to paying 1/2 up front to someone across the globe.. But Wedjat was really great. Our trip was arranged by Maha, The airport rep, Mohamed made it his mission to find our lost bags, and delievered them all to our apartment. Our guide, Hares was fantastic.. knew everything about Egypt, spoke english fluently, and took good care of us the entire time. He was always willing to spend time in the evenings with us roaming around Aswana and Luxor.. He also looked out for us when we shopped, a couple times he found that a couple of us had paid too much, and went and got some money back..

We did 2 days in Cairo, one in Alexandria, Luxor to Aswan cruise, Abu Simbel etc.. It was nice having the same guide wherever we went, and having our own van for just our group.

I hear nothing but good here about Lady Egypt, but you will not go wrong with Wedjat.. We are definitely planning a second trip back to Egypt, and will be using Wedjat again..
whoever you book with, have a great time!

If I sound like I work for Wedjat, I dont.. but I honestly cannot say enough good about them.. Egypt is the fifth muslim country I have visited, and the first that I used a tour company in.. I am glad that we did. Egypt (especially Cairo) can be an intimidating place, with the culture differences and the crazy traffic..

If I can answer any questions at all about Wedjat, or you want to see pics.. just let me know!

John

JLyons5 Apr 25th, 2010 12:39 PM

John..Where did you stay in Cairo? I would love to see [email protected]. Thanks.

john61 Apr 25th, 2010 12:44 PM

I have a cousin living in Cairo for a year,for her work. She let us stay at her apartment in Giza.. I'll send a couple pics of the Wedjat folks, let me know if you want specific pix of anything else

John

MissGreen Apr 25th, 2010 05:08 PM

I booked through Lady Egypt after the recommendations of this site. The prices were half that of what I would of paid through an Australian company (or sub contracted company). The price is lower and I will get way more value, e.g. private guide and driver. I too was hesitant at sending a deposit to some company I didn't really know but again did so after the recommendations here and their professional website. I had an issue with my money going across (stupid Aussie bank problem) and Amanda at Egypt was so understanding and wasn't demanding money... she just said to try and do it asap but don't panic!

sf7307 Apr 26th, 2010 09:44 AM

I had an issue with my payment too. I was using a credit card and couldn't get it to work with their website. Like MissGreen, LadyEgypt could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Not saying anything bad abut Wedjat, since I've never heard of them except for this thread -- just saying LadyEgypt was excellent. I worked with Mohammed Kamel.