Weather in Capetown in Late Oct

Sep 14th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Michael Mc Donnell

Weather in Capetown in Late Oct

Hi

I am travelling with a group to Capetown on 27th Oct till 2nd Nov. What is the weather like and what are the safety issues.

MMCD

Sep 15th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hello Michael,

Firstly congratulations of deciding to visit one of the most beautiful cites in the world. (I am biased )

In terms of weather in Cape Town at the end of October you can prepare yourself to be enjoying great sunshine as well as blue skies on a daily basis. The possibility of rain is minimal as a matter of fact dont forget to pack in a bathing costume as you could well be able to enjoy our wonderful beaches too.

As a professional tour operator/guide when it comes to safety I have a standard response that I give to all my visitors to Cape Town which is taken directly off my website viz. many people have read so many stories in the media about the safety factor in Cape Town and two questions are always asked by people who want to visit the city. The first question is whether all that the media publish is true? The second question that I am always asked is whether coming to Cape Town is a life threatening adventure? My answer to this is that just as in most cities that I have been to all over the world, Cape Town has its security problems. No matter what the media reports I can honestly tell you that nobody in my, or my wife's closest family, have ever had an experience with crime in Cape Town and we have all lived in the city and its surrounds for all of our lives. What I tell all the folk who travel with me is that when you visit any city in the world you should always "watch your back" and that when you are in Table Mountain City there should be no difference in your vigilance, however in Cape Town that truly is not a difficult task to accomplish as you always look around more than once anyway so as to get another glimpse of the magnificent scenery that you are continuously passing. )

Thus in summarising all I can say is that if your attitude is such that you are prepared to accept the usual risks associated with foreign travel when you venture to any city of the world , then there should be no reason that concern about your safety should deter you from coming to see the marvels of Cape Town!

Hope this all helps and do enjoy my city to your fullest capacity.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Sep 19th, 2002, 05:57 AM
pat

October and november are definitely the best period to visit Capetown area.You will have moreover probably the chance to watch and hear whales in False Bay.Don't miss it ,it's magic.

Sep 19th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Karen

Selwyn is definitely biased but this is a bias that is pretty hard to counter. On the subject of Cape Town he is so right! On the subject of safety, I would add - take five minutes to learn what all your bills (money) look like as having to scrutinize it each time you go to pay for something is a clue to the unscrupulous that you are a good candidate for a slight of hand trick - this is true anywhere you travel.
Pat is right about the whales - they are magic. And for evenings, if you like jazz, well you come to the jazz center of Africa when you come to Cape Town and you will find some truly fantastic jazz to listen to here. If you golf, you will find some of the very best courses in the world are in and around Cape Town. Have a wonderful time.
Karen

Search this Thread