we are ready and trying to pack

Jun 17th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

we are ready and trying to pack

ok. Our time is finally here. I have read all the post on packing and have tried to abide. However, after looking over our schedule, I see we are only in lodges for 1 or 2 nights. We will be on safari for 14 days then in Mombassa for a week( different kinds of clothes, I think), Anyway, my suit case doesn't seem nearly big enough. What can I leave out. We leave Sunday!
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:26 PM

assume you can buy a couple new shirts in Mombassa. The camps where you are for 2 nights-- they can take your laundry the morning of your 2nd day (while you are on a drive) and it will be done before dinner. Don't worry about shampoo, maybe only take a little bottle for emergencies. Don't take a hair dryer. pack your camera and binoculars in your camera bag, you'll be able to carry that on.
Jun 19th, 2004, 03:42 AM

Be prepared to wear things a couple of times before having them washed. Use a set of the same "good clothes" for dinner for a couple of nights. Remember, the animals and landscape are the stars of the show, not what we mere mortals wear. You will make do ... and have a blast doing so!

Search this Thread