Search

Just returned

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 12:25 AM
Bruce

Just returned

We just returned from Egypt. We booked through Spring Tours (everything done on the net Mr.Helal is the office person you want I have the e-mail address. I have the tour guides Sharif cell number as well). They do Talfager,Insite,Rames, Etc, Had a great time <BR> <BR>Did get mummy tummy. We did a 4 day Nile cruise with a suite. Stayed at the Nile Hilton 6 nights. We went on all the tour packages and we went to the Mena house. <BR> <BR>We brought a roll of ones for tipping and shopping as well as chicklets and pens for the kids. <BR>A lot of people helped us on this Board so if I can help let me know. <BR> <BR>Hotel was a b to b+ and a A for location and atmosphaire. <BR>Mena house an A for outside the city location (did not stay in the rooms) and a C for shopping (stay in the palace if you go). Did get taken for a ride the first night from a pegoue driver but or fault for being naive, Please take black and white cab (every one looks to be a tour guide) <BR>Had a dress up in costume night on the ship the Media. <BR>Please shop a day or to before for costume the worst shop keepers we ran into were in Edufu. You might be better off buying on the boat it's only a few bucks more and worth every penny to save you from the hassel. <BR> <BR>People in Egypt were very friendly, we felt very safe and would highly recommend going to Egypt. <BR> <BR>Group range from 40ish to 70is and was a lot of fun. Let me know if I can help <BR>Bruce <BR>

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 05:32 AM
mj

Hi Bruce, <BR> <BR>My friend and I are going to Egypt April 20th to the 27th. We are staying in Hurghada and taking trips to the Luxor and to Cairo. <BR> <BR>I am wondering how you got around Cairo. We want to see the following things, we realized we will be a little rushed. Pyramids, the Kahn, Cairo Museum for King Tut's Stuff, Mohammad Ali's Mosque, the Papyrus Institute and walk along the Nile. <BR> <BR>How should be go about getting from one place to another? We are a little aprehensive becasue we are women. <BR>Could you reply and let me know any advice you have? Thanks!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:02 AM
Mj

Getting around Cairo is pretty easy. <BR>You can hail black and white cabs. Cost will be avout 20-25 pounds ($7-8) to go to the pyramids. We stayed at the Nile Hilton so we just walked out the back door to the Museum it is right behind it.Cost to enter 20 pounds and 10 pounds to take pictures (30/3.4 =$10) <BR>taxi cost about 15 pounds.(15/3.4=$4) <BR> <BR>No problem with being with an all female group. Just dress a little conserative and you should be fine. Everything you want to see in Cairo is pretty close. <BR>Bruce <BR>I Don't know where your hotel is. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 12:55 PM
Rudy

Hi Bruce: <BR> <BR>We will be going to Egypt in May. Five days total in Cairo and a 7 day cruise down the Nile. What about shorts for men? The thought of long pants in 90+ weather is a bit daunting. Thanks for your help.

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 02:12 PM
Rudy

Hi Rudy, a 7 day cruise might be a bit to long I heard you just stay in port the last 2 days see what others have to say. <BR>Shorts are fine everyone on our cruise wore them. Ladies need only to cover thier shoulders. I saw a lot ladies on the cruise and in cairo wearing tank tops. But they really got hasseled by the local men if you know what I mean. In cario I wore shorts all the time no problem. The give you a green robe when you visit the churches. <BR>At night you may want to wear long pants <BR>but thats up to you. <BR>Bruce <BR>

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 10:25 AM
Bill

Dear Bruce <BR>I'm the one that suggested Spring Tours and I'm so glad everything worked out well for you. The pens are a neat idea not mine but one that I got from a fellow traveller. The staff at the Nile Hilton took good care of You I hope. <BR>The people of Egypt are the best right Bruce. <BR>This proves that the power of referrals is still alive and well. <BR>Happy travels <BR>Bill

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 02:09 PM
bill

Thanks Bill for the tip on Spring Tours they are the ones if your going to Egypt. Yes all the people of egypt are very very nice. Every one at the hotel took care of us. Thanks again for your help and time. <BR>Bruce <BR>