WARNING Fast Tours in Egypt

Oct 13th, 2001, 09:38 PM
Martha

WARNING Fast Tours in Egypt

In Egypt last week I booked a tour with Fast Tours for a private tour of Cairo and the Nile Delta. Our guide tried several times to get others in our Hotel to join the tour, even after I repeatedly told her this was a private tour. We were 'stuck' for 8 hours as she told us how horrible the United States was, how Israel killed Arab children daily for 'fun', and then tried to convert us to Islam. I talked with several other guests at our Hotel, the ones that used other guide services had no similar experiences, but met a couple on our flight to Paris who also had the same treatment from their Fast Tour guide.

Oct 15th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Patricia

What a bummer! How unfortunate that you got hooked up with an agency like that! I hope the rest of your Egypt trip was better (or was that all the time you had there? I know some people on Mediterranean cruises only have a day or so in Egypt. I hope not!). I was there a year ago and had such a positive experience. Our entire trip (2 weeks) was arranged through Grand Circle, so we didn't have to pick up anything when we got there. Yours is a good warning to others going there.

Search this Thread