Warned for those going to Victoria Falls

Jun 18th, 2002, 04:12 AM
jackie

Warned for those going to Victoria Falls

I wanted to warn those planning to go to Victoria Falls and particularly the market to buy items. We were there a month ago and used an "authorized UPS agent" Xpress Freight located at the Elephant Walk to ship our heavy items home. We trusted the UPS name and our A&K guide who sent us there to use these folks. 2 months later, we have received lies from them and learned that several other US travelers have lost packages or received wrong items from this service. If you are going to Vic Falls, don't be fooled by their UPS sign (they are under investigation now by UPS) or nice manner (they just want your money) and take your items with you on the plane.

Jun 18th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Lisa

Thanks for the heads up, Jackie. will take your advice.

Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:24 PM
n

Thank you for the warning. When I read this post we had just returned from Zimbabwe and also had shipped items home form a 'UPS' place in the Elephant Walk. I was frantic that we would not receive our treasured items and souveniers (not to mention the $160 shipping fee). After many unanswered emails and run-arounds from customer service reps I had given up hope. Then, lo and behold - 2 months later - we recieved our box from Africa. Everything was there, albeit a little crammed and smelly, but hey, at least we got our stuff. Hang in there and don't give up, sometimes they just have to fill up 'the boat' before they ship, and sometimes it's just a verrrrrrrrrry slow boat!

Aug 5th, 2002, 10:46 AM
jackie

Yes we finally got our stuff too. The UPS guy (not really from UPS) sent it via another courier so he could pocket the money we gave him. Half of our stuff broken but we are happy to have some. If I didnt have A&K help, It would have been there longer. I was told this guy and his outlet was closed.

Search this Thread