want to buy beach property in Africa..

Sep 10th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

want to buy beach property in Africa..

HELP!!! Looking to buy beach property in Africa, preferably on coast, I prefer Tanzania or Kenya, partner prefers Namibia or internally (Zambia or Botswana) Going to do a month long trip next year for property search.... can anyone help with a good estate agent or any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!! Kris
Sep 10th, 2004, 08:45 AM

If you want beach property I hope it's on the coast.
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:00 AM

I have had very "informal" email discussions with this group. Hope it is of some help: http://www.hassconsult.co.ke/property.html
Please keep us abreast of your plans, as my husband and I are kind of in the same boat.
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:05 AM

atlcity - A beach can exist next to a lake, which can be a considerable distance from the coast. By your name you're from Atlanta, if so go visit Oconee, or Hartwell, etc.
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks favor... and thanks to other respondent for the website.... anyone else out there who can help???
Sep 10th, 2004, 11:27 AM

Favor:Actually from Margate which is adjacent to Atlantic City.Where lakes etc are concerned there exactly that. To most people they are not the beach.
Sep 10th, 2004, 11:59 AM

atlcity - Your proximity to the ocean has made beach and coast the same in your mind. I assure you, for the vast majority who don't live near an ocean, the "beach" is the nearest shore of a body of water covered by sand, gravel, or larger rock fragments.

I used to live on the shore of Lake Superior and believe me, when you said "beach" everyone knew you meant the close one. ;-)
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Favor:You can learn something new everyday. Happy travels.
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:08 PM

Kris:
We nearly bought property in Africa this past month, and our person came and visited us at two lodges, and has followed up with correspondence regularly.

My husband was still deterred by the trip home ( a killer 2-day affair). Still, this agent has been in constant (non-intrusive) communication. If we ever decide to become property owners in Africa, we'll contact him. Here's his info:

Brian Spilkin
PO Box 782738 Sandton 2146
29 Homestead RD Rivonia 2128
South Africa
Tel: +270(0)11 803-3777
Cell: 082 419 6215
Email: [email protected]

ALSO...the manager at the Royal Malewane...whose name was John -
seemed to be very knowledgable about property ownership, and was very willing to share his knowledge. HeSorry that I don't have his numbers readily available! Will have to dig them up, but you should be able to find them off the Royal Malewane website.

Search this Thread