Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Apr 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Have you seen this new lodge at Disney World? Rooms have views of the savannah. The lodges have thatch roofing and rooms have a tented feel. Their restaurant is called Boma and is reed lined. Too funny!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ngPage&count=1
Apr 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM

My parents had their 50th anniversary celebration here so that the grandkids could spend 5 days in Disney World. It really had an African feel and the kids loved the giraffe and antelope that roamed the "savanna" outside their window.

Apr 17th, 2005, 08:41 PM

We love this resort and have stayed there 3 times. We go to Disney for our son -- we stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for ourselves. All the furniture and woodwork was made in Africa. The lobby is unbelievable. I can't wait to go back. It's a good substitute until I return to Africa in 2006!
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM

I didn't like the idea of looking out the window to have a zibra fart in my face, but to my surprise, this hotel was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!

You'll see the animals from your window, but they are not really that close. So you don't have to pay the extra $100 to get an animals' view room (savannah). All floors have an area with a glass wall for observation.
The lobby is amazing, and everything was wonderful.

Even though I don't like animals that much, I would even choose this hotel over the Grand Floridian.

Search this Thread