waiting till getting to Nairobi to book a safari

Aug 9th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Dennis

waiting till getting to Nairobi to book a safari

In an Arthur Frommer's news column, he recommended waiting until getting to Nairobi to book a safari. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this, and what their experience was.

Aug 14th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Penelope

About fifteen years ago, I waited until I arrived in Nairobi to book a short tour. I found that I was at a disadvantage in locating a company with availability and that the drivers (one for northern Kenya and the other for Masai Mara) must have been leftovers that no one else would take. It was a fiasco. Were I you, I would make preliminary arrangements, by e-mail, with a company headquartered in Nairobi. Be sure to find out how you can pay. In Arusha, for example, one large company (Hoopoe) tacks a large commission fee onto credit card and travelers' cheque payment. My husband and I, as a consequence, carried several thousand dollars cash on us to avoid the additional charge. P

Aug 15th, 2001, 08:42 PM
mary

My friend went to Kenya Jan 2000 and is going back Jan 2001 and went with www.gametrackers.com...

Jan 18th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Njoroge maina

Hi Dennis
From my point of view as a tour operator in Nairobi i would recomed that you book a safari before you arrive.
This way there will be no time wasting because are arrangements will have been made.
Eastern & southern safaris
www.essafari.co.ke

Search this Thread