Rocco's Safari Photos!!!...

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocco's Safari Photos!!!...

I hope this works. I posted a few photos on www.ofoto.com, the same place where Kavey posted her photo album.

This is such an amazing site and if their photos are any good, then they are a tremendous bargain and half the price that I am paying now.

Anyway, copy and paste the following link to see my photos!

http://www.ofoto.com/AlbumMenu.jsp?r...19_63057463405

I will be adding photos all weekend. Nice cheap entertainment!!!
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 12:21 AM

Rocco
That link doesnt work for me.
You need to log in as you.
Click on Share Photos at the top and then Share Photos Online.
Then select your album.
Then enter your OWN email address.
After that you'll get an email and you need to copy and paste the link it gives you in THERE for us to use.

That will get us in as visitors and we can sign in as ourselves or whatever.

Looking forward to looking. Probably when I get back from the weekend.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about that. Give those link a try:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=4604239...05&n=456003369
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 12:42 PM
sandi

Roccco -

Tried the corrected link (in 2nd post) - and nayda.
Message from site appears that it's not a viable link? Would really like to see your pics.

If anyone else manages to get it, let me know - I might be doing something wrong.

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am up to over 50+ photos now and when I do the link myself, it works.

Anybody wanting to see the pictures can alternately email-me, or post your email adress here, and I can send them directly from the www.ofoto.com website.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

I forgot...my email address is [email protected] in case you don't want to publicly post your email address and wish to email me a request.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 03:14 PM
sandi

Roccco -

Tried it again and message is "page you're looking for is not available"

Thanks for your email. Will contact you when I have bit more time - on my way out.

Later or Tomorrow. Thanks
Sandi

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

I have begun to post my album on another site used by other Fodorites:

1. go to: www.imagestation.com
2. type in search box: Roccco
3. click box that says "albums" and then
click on "members". Click "go"
4. just click on "Roccco" when it appears
and my album is there for the
viewing.

Because my images are so high resolution, it takes forever to upload them, but I am up to about 35 at the time of this writing. Unfortunately, I have my pics on five different CD's, so it will probably take me a couple more days to get them all in, at which time I hope to have nearly 100 pictures from South Africa/Zimbabwe last year, Chile last December and South Africa/Zambia last month.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 04:31 AM

Cannot get on to this site
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 09:35 AM
zuni

Great to finally see the results of your trip. I found when you get to the site to click on member instead of album and take it from there. Also remember to spell Rocco's name with 3 R's. I wish you had some comments about where some of the photo's were from. I did enjoy.
Carol

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Carol,

I will post comments for each photo over the next couple days. The hardest part is getting them uploaded, as they are very high resolution shots.

I still have possibly 35-50 more pictures to add, so if you give it a few days and if you return to my album, you should have a lot more pics and commentary as well. Thanks.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 10:48 AM
zuni

Thanks Rocco. I was interested in the moutain photo as to where that was. Since we are in contruction mode with the house the best I can do a vacation is through everyone at Fordors African forum. One of these days I will get back to Africa. Carol

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:29 PM
sandi

zuni -

I think you meant 3C's in Roccco's name. I was looking for the R's, then realized it was C's - but with construction (has 2C's) going on, I "understand"

Rocco -

Finally got in to the new site, and the pics came up quickly. Great photos straight on. But surprisingly, the lions eyes were "red". I often forget, that even when taking photos of animals that "red-eye" has to be set. It's kind of strange, but those head-on pics are like taking photos of children.

No problem though when it came to the ellees and rhinos. Loved the ellee with his ears fanned out, really upset that you were there? - they seem to have that instinct. Were there any baby ellees around that needed protecting?

That one giraffe looked a bit sickly - so skinny or was it the angle? But giraffes are one of my favorites, so graceful.

Great picks of the Cape Buffalo and Hippos, and the African sunsets are beautiful - I have some as storm clouds are rolling in on the setting sun that are absolutely amazing.

What type of camera are you using? 35mm (what zoom) or digital?

Re the indoor shots at a Lodge/Camp - was this Djuma or elsewhere?

Were the Ostrich pics in CPT or ? The other photos I gather were in Chile?

I've got some great photos from my trips that I'd love to post, but have to get the scanner. Right now it's not on top of my list, but when I do, will return the pleasure to the Fodorites.

Thanks.

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Sandi,

My camera is a Sony DSC-F707 Cybershot with 5.0 Million Megapixel. The only problem with this camera is that it takes me approximately 3-5 seconds between photos and I often miss good shots because of that delay.

I have tried to set the red eye control on but I just cannot seem to get it right, so unless it is very bright out, I sometimes get red-eye.

The mountain shots are in Chile. If the shots are green and arid, then it is Torres Del Paine National Park (Patagonia). When there is more of a desert landscape, it is the Atacama Desert. Personally, I liked the Atacama Desert more.

The shots of the lodge were all taken at Kafunta in South Luangwa. They really have a beautiful camp and there is really wildlife all around. Each night there were hippos right outside our chalet and you can hear them chomping on the grass and vegetation not more than a couple meters away.

I will be adding all the necessary info so that people know what they are looking at.

To clarify, I guess the best way to find my pictures is to do the following:

1. go to: www.imagestation.com
2. type in the search box in the upper right hand corner of the home page: Roccco (note the 3 c's)
3. click box that says "members". Click "go"
4. just click on "Roccco" when it appears
and my album is there for the
viewing.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 11:46 PM

Hi Rocco
Was away for the weekend - had absolutely no problems at all following the second link - I signed in as myself when I got that page and went through the photos!
Great!
Thanks for sharing...
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Kavey,

Glad to hear you were able to get through. I have added comments to my photos on the www.ofoto.com website. The Image Station may be easier to log on for visitors, but the Ofoto site is definitely more user friendly in posting pictures and especially adding text under the pictures.

I have 66 pictures (and will be adding more) on the www.ofoto website.

Again the link that should allow access to my pics on this site is as follows:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=4604239...05&n=456003369

You may have to be a member to access the pics, but membership is free and only takes a couple minutes to sign up.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

I located my CD with all my photos from Singita and Matetsi from last year. Previously I only had what I felt were the very best ones that I never erased from my memory sticks but now I have found them all.

As a result, I should be adding 30-40 more pics over the next couple days to the www.ofoto.com website. I don't think I will be messing with the other website very much, as I really prefer the www.ofoto.com website.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:01 AM

Great photos (viewed them at ofoto.com), bringing back memories from Kafunta and Torres del Paine, which to me felt even more remote than South Luangwa, which is also visited only by hardcore safari goers. Great stuff and looking forward to more.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:36 AM
OSC

Fantastic photos, Rocco! Thanks for sharing them. I was able to view them on Ofoto with no trouble.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Hi Rocco

They are great photos, We are going in 1 months time - I can't wait, did you take them on a digital or SLR??

thank you for sharing

xx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -