Search

connecting flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
connecting flight

We have just been notified that our connecting flight from Johannesburg to Livingston will be leaving 1 hour earlier than originaly scheduled. Our flight arrives in Johannesburg at 10:20am and the flight to Livingston leaves at 11:20am. I am frantic that we are not going to make it. We plan on taking just carry on luggage. Has anyone ever run into this problem? Is it possible to make the connecting flight? HELP!!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:36 AM
santharamhari

If you are able to chk in for your flight prior to arrival in Joburg, you should hv no problem running to your gate on landing........

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you arriving at JNB from outside South Africa or on an internal flight? If it's international > international, and with only carry-on bags, I think you ought to be okay. Domestic > international involves a change of terminals and going through security, so possibly extra delay and more difficulty.

Are both flights on the same ticket? Same airline?
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am flying on SA airlines from Atlanta to Johannesburg. The flight to Livingston is on Nationwide airlines amd is a separate ticket. How do you check in prior to landing? Would my travel agent (GO 2AFrica) take care of that?
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:07 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
If you booked both tickets through your TA, call them and tell them about Nationwide's schedule change. You <i>ought</i> to be able to check your bags through to LVI when you check in at ATL (or wherever) <i>provided</i> you show the counter agent <i>both</i> tickets.

On Mondays and Thursdays SAA have their own flights leaving JNB at 2 PM more or less, so if you're arriving on one of those days you ought to be able to connect to SAA, even if you miss the Nationwide flight.

That said, if you did this all through an agent then the agent should be able to handle the flight arrangements in JNB.