Volcanoes Rwanda packages on Luxury Link

Feb 15th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Volcanoes Rwanda packages on Luxury Link

Hello,

I'm not a primate lover myself (except for Homo sapiens) but those of you who are may be interested to know that Luxury Link (www.luxurylink.com) is now featuring gorilla-tracking safaris from Volcanoes Safaris, which has received very good reviews on this forum. I've seen packages for Rwanda and Uganda.

Generally speaking, Luxury Link packages are a good deal, though it would probably behove you to get a sense for what the normal prices would be before bidding.

Cheers,
Julian
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:04 AM

Julian

As far as I can tell (and I'm a novice on Luxury Link) the Volcanoes Safaris offers are fixed price and exactly equal to the prices for those safaris bought direct from their own website or through a US or UK agent.

Well spotted though

Richard
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi Richard,

As I said, I'm not really a primate person myself, so I'm not sure how these packages compare to their normal pricing. But based on the Volcanoes website, it looks like you would save a bit with Luxury Link since the Luxury Link price includes gorilla permits. It would definitely be worth enquiring how many permits were included before booking -- if the Luxury Link package included permits for other parks as well as PNV it would be a good deal.

Cheers,
Julian
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:24 PM

Richard,
There was a luxurylink auction recently for a Volcanoes Safari package which appeared to be a good deal (don't know if there's one now). If you're looking at one of their "Buy Now" packages, those are fixed price and generally not a good deal.

I've used luxurylink auctions on multiple occasions, most recently for a stay at the Big EZ Lodge in Montana, with great success.

Of course, anyone looking at an auction package should check rates through other sources and make sure there's availability before bidding.
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM

The funniest part of this thread was when Julian said he's "not a primate person." No?

I did see this and look at the offerings, but like Richard I thought "What a swindle! And only 1 gorilla permit."

Thanks for pointing out the finer points of luxurylink, Patty. And thanks for alerting everyone, Julian.

Search this Thread