Viva Safaris

May 13th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Bob
Original Poster

Viva Safaris

We are interested in Viva Safaris which owns and manages two Private Game Lodges in an area adjacent to the Kruger Park. The Marc's Treehouse Camp which is by the Klaserie river and the Tremisana Lodge is situated in the Balule Game Reserve. They offer some inexpenisive safaris to their lodges and I want to know if anyone has been there or knows about them.
Jun 18th, 2004, 08:17 AM

I would also appreciate feedback on Viva Safaris.
How does the Balule Game Reserve compare with other reserves in terms of wildlife viewing?
Jun 30th, 2004, 01:09 AM

Hi I am just responding to your question regarding Viva Safaris. Basically there are no fences between the Kruger National Park and Balule, However there is a river that separates the two. Depending on the time of the year, the animals have access to move free across to the otherside. The game is more prolific on the Kruger National Park that is why Viva safaris take their clients to the Kruger National Park during the day. This is to give clients more opportunity to see the big 5. Viva mainly do their night drives in the Balule reserve, which is still very worthwhile to see the nocturnal game.

Just a bit about the Viva. They offer fly-in and microbus safaris from Johannesburg. The microbus transfer makes this a very inexpensive and value-added option. The game lodges are of moderate standard as well as the food is sufficent and good. The cost included Dinner, bed, breakfast & transfers or flights from Johannesburg. As you will be driving in the Kruger Nat.Park during the day, you have the opportunity to purchase lunch en route.

They have two types of accommodation. Tremisana is a game lodge with accommodation in bungalows and has a swimming pool & air conditioners etc.It is a bit more upmarket than Marc's.

Marc's Tree is rustic and unique. Your accommodation is in Treehouses, no aircons but large windows that allow air to come through.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards Charlotte

Fodors.com > Travel Talk > Africa & the Middle East > Viva Safaris
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34498635

Search this Thread