Notices

Visiting the Desert

Dec 20th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Visiting the Desert

Hello,

I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.

I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.

I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.

Thank you to any one who comments.

Desertflowers
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM

hi there,

My boyfriend and I travelled through the Western Sahara last year. It was an amazing experience. We actually spent more time in the Sahara in Mauritania and it was probably one of the most remote place we visited on our trip to Africa. I would love to write more but i must get to work. You can see photos and our journals on our web site www.sarahandflo.com

just go to the bottom - it is one of the first entries. and feel free to ask me any other questions.

Best,
Sarah
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for responding to my post, it was so cool of you and I will check out your site right away. I definitely may be coming your way with more questions about your trip which sounds wonderful. Thanks again for the offer and for responding.

Desertflowers

Search this Thread