Visas for Africa

Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
Jean

Visas for Africa

My son is in Europe for three months. Now he wants to continue for another year. How does one obtain all the visas needed for different African countries when one is using the passport for travel in Europe.

Mar 24th, 2002, 02:15 AM
gail

Visas are issued by the country one is travelling to, so each country has different rules, at times different depending on what is the nationality of the traveller. So my only suggestion is that he consult the embassies of the countries he is planning to visit. If he is a US citizen, I know you can get a visa for entry to Egypt upon arrival, but I know it is more difficult for other countries. I doubt there is any "one stop shopping" for visas.

Mar 24th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Janet Goss

Jean:

I know that your son could get a visa for Kenya when he arrives at the airport. It is a simple procedure taking only about 5 minutes. Just pay them their fee (I believe it was $50.00) and they will stamp your passport then and there.

As to other African countries, I would look each country he is interested in traveling to up on the internet. They will stipulate on their website whether or not visas can be obtained upon arrival.

I envy your son the opportunity of spending this amount of time learning about other peoples and countries. He is so fortunate.

Jan

Mar 26th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Celia

He should go to the European country embassies of the African countries he wants to visit -- the South African embassy in France, for example, and so forth.

They'll be able to issue them, or at least tell him what the requirements are.

Search this Thread