Visa Question


Nov 21st, 2005, 08:21 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1
Visa Question

We are US citizens and will be in Eliat. We would like to go to visit Petra in Jordan on a day trip and then return to Eliat. Do we need a visa in hand or can we get one at the Jordanian border? Also, is there a fee to leave Israel and a fee to leave Jordan? I have been searching for one week for an answer to this question. Thank you.
dpinto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:20 AM
Posts: n/a
As a US citizen, the border crossing at Eilat/Aqaba is easy. You can pay in USD, have a few passport photos with you and then you're on your way. There is no departure fee from Israel into Jordan or Jordan back to Israel.

You should be able to arrange for this tour through your Eilat hotel, but be sure they include the transfer to/from the border; otherwise, you have to taxi to/from. I would suggest you contact your Eilat hotel for specifics.
Reply With Quote
Dec 17th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5
For US citizens crossing Aquaba from Egypt, the price of your visa is included in the price of your ferry ticket. You hand in your passport and fill in the card they give you, and you have a visa when you disembark. There are no photos required. If you're coming from Israel, the previous advice posted is correct.
worldkat is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 PM.