Visa Question

Jan 7th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Visa Question

For travelling to Zambia/Zimbabwe I read on the US State Department web site that you obtain visas there once in country. How hard is that to do and do you have to bring your own pictures? The web site was a bit unclear. Anyone just back from these two countries? Thanks in advance.
Jan 7th, 2004, 03:27 PM

I was in Zimbabwe in 2002 and in Zambia last year and the visa process is fairly simple. In both cases, you can purchase them right as you step off the plane, but you must pay in U.S. Dollars.

I think that if you are staying at a lodge or hotel in Zambia that the visa fee is waived, as long as the hotel/lodge provides the Zambian visa office ahead of time with your name and information. I don't think I had to pay anything at all in Zambia.

Jan 8th, 2004, 04:55 AM
sandi

Yes, Visas are required for both countries, to be paid in US currency. Zim fee is $30 for single entry, but $45 for double entry - i.e, if staying in Zim, then going to Bots or Zam and then returning via Zim (that's the double entry).

Not sure the fee for Zambia, and I did hear something as Rocco mentions about staying at a hotel in Zam, that you don't pay, but other friends have stayed at hotels in Zam and still paid for Visa - so just be prepared, in case.

I know I had a photo strip of 4 pics, but can't recall whether it was required for our Zim Visa; but I'd rather have the photos and not need them, then be caught without. If not used, save for another trip somewhere.

Search this Thread