Visa for Zimbabwe

Sep 5th, 2002, 07:41 PM
ed & Gloria

Visa for Zimbabwe

Can we get our Visa at the Victoria Falls Airport in Zimbabwe? If so how much ? As U.S. Citizens can we travel to and from Zambia?

Thank you in advance.

Sep 6th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Lisa

1)Yes.
2)I think it is $30 in cash per person
3)If you plan to go to Zambia, ask for a double entry visa for Zimbabwe at the airport.(they do not issue multi entry visas ie more than 2) for $45, otherwise you will pay another $30 when you re-enter from Zambia.
3) When you get off the plane in Vic Falls, let one of your group get into line for the visas and the other get the green or blue forms that you have to fill out for the visa.
3) As US citizens ,yes, you can go to Zambia. When you go through the border crossing, you will get a visa. I don't remember if there was a charge for that. Will check for you. Add in extra time for the border crossing. It is SLOW!
4) Do not take any pictures or video of any government buildings or personnel in Zim or Zambia, no matter how cute the baboons on the roof of the customs building are(!!!!)(there IS a story in that. Suffice it to say, that one of our group narrowly avoided being arrested for that!)

Sep 12th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Angela

You can definitely get a visa at airport - have dollars on hand. I think maybe it was $40 or something in the area.

Search this Thread