Search

Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

Has anyone stayed here lately ? Is it a good place to stay ? Any information please.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 03:45 AM

We stayed there in August 2003 and really enjoyed it. It's a little ways out of Vic Falls and overlooks an artificial watering hole, so there are a lot of animals. The rooms, bar, and restaurant are all nice.

Given the awful situation in Zimbabwe, I'd try to find someone who has been there more recently to ensure the Lodge is still a good place. Other than that, I would definitely recommend it.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:45 PM

Stayed there in 99 and it was awesome (as was Zim at that time). Its a pity that Mugabe is such a lunatic as he has destroyed a beautiful country.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM

My wife and I stayed at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge for 5 nights in Aug./Sept. 2004. It was excellent. We acquired our accommodations thru luxurylink.com, and had a 2-story loft suite overlooking the watering hole. The option of staying in town within walking distance of shopping and the Vicotria Falls park (i.e., at the Victoria Falls Hotel) might be nice for some, but the VFSL was the best choice for us. The lodge runs a shuttle bus into town and to the Victoria Falls park. More important for us, the watering hole with the many animals constantly visiting, provided great entertainment (we witnessed a croc capturing a careless antelope). BTW - we walked all over the town of Victoria Falls and found it to be quite safe. IMO, the many street vendors in town, although a little bothersome, were docile compared to those we have encountered in Tibet and Jamaica.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM

Here is my favorite map of Victoria Falls, showing the proximity of the hotels/lodges to the falls:

http://www.zambiatourism.com/french/...icfallsmap.htm
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM

Actually this is the map that I meant to post:

www.rhinoafrica.com/ destinations/victoria_falls