Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:14 PM
dcp

Visa

I'm going in just a few weeks and just learned a visa (I have a passport) is required for entry. I now know I can get from the Kenya consolute in DC for $50 but amnot sure I will get it back in time. What is the cost and difficulties of getting one once I arrive in Nairobi? Thanks!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:54 PM
ttt

Author: Dave ([email protected])<BR>Date: 12/04/2001, 10:42 pm<BR>Message: My wife and I went to Kenya in June. We got off the plane, went to the visa desk, gave a $100.00 bill, got a visa in 3 minutes.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Gina ([email protected])<BR>Date: 12/05/2001, 06:18 am<BR>Message: We learned that to avoid any delays and lost of passports we would have to send to the Kenyan Embassy to apply for visas the best way is to get them at the airport just the way Dave did. This is what we will do in February. <BR>And having cash with you is important like Davis also stated.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Deb ([email protected])<BR>Date: 12/06/2001, 03:25 pm<BR>Message: The Visa desk is just before you enter immigation. Just have your $50.00USD in crisp bills and you will have it in a snap. Helps signifcantly if you have exact change - my friend handed them 3 $20 bills and the person behind the desk didn't want to make the change.<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: chris ([email protected])<BR>Date: 12/07/2001, 12:51 am<BR>Message: Just visited Kenya in late October. Also got my Visa at the Nairobi airport. No problem, important to point out if you don't already know, you must have US$. I also downloaded the visa form from the Kenya Embassy website (the one you can mail in) and had it already filled in for them at the airport to save me a bit of time. <BR><BR>http://www.kenyaembassy.com/visa.html<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Gina

And this is what we did in February. We had our applications ready with two $50.00 fresh bills attached to them and took less than one minute to be on the way to pick up our bags

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Gina

Forgot one thing. Once we got our visas we been told to pass immmigration line as we already got our passports properly stamped.<BR> A whole process took more than one minute<BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Gina

Should be<BR>"A whole process took less than one minute"<BR><BR>

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 05:11 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For gtrekker2003