Viilage/school/market visits in livingstone

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 07:29 AM
bellhouse

Viilage/school/market visits in livingstone

Any opinions?

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi - assume you mean Livingstone, Zambia, and not Livingstonia, Malawi (now there's a place that will rest in my heart for ever). For village and market - just go out and wander. For School- are we talking an organised trip here? In which case I pass.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you mean Livingstone Zambia, there are probably many tours/visits available. We took a visit which was available from The Royal Livingstone and Zambezi Sun which takes you to a nearby village.

A host from the village walks you around and you see whatever's going on that day. Most interesting to me was just seeing the people working on thier houses and the kids playing, it's quite interesting.

At the end of course is a stop at the market. It's much smaller than the one near the Falls, though the prices were comparable.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM
bellhouse

Yes, I did mean Livingstone, Zambia - didn't realize there was a Livingstone, Malawi. Favor, sounds like you did what I was asking about. I wanted to make sure it was a low-key, non-intrusive sort of thing, and it sounds like it is. Fuzzylogic, I'm going to look up Livingstonia right now and learn about a new place - which is half the fun of thinking/talking about travel!

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM
santharamhari

I strongly recommend- Songwe village (Kwando Property)......well run and emphasis is on the cultural experience. You can also do all the adrenaline activities...strongly recommend the white water rafting.......best rapids i hv ever done!!!

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:40 AM
bellhouse

santharamhari - Thanks for the guidance. I was thinging about the whitewater rafting, but wasn't sure about how cold it will be (I'm such a wimp about being cold!) and the climb out at the end. ANy idea about temperature in late June/early July - both air and water? I'm wondering about a 1/2 day canoe trip on the Zambezi - may need a separate post on it. It sounds like a quiet, peaceful way to (hopefully) see some animals, but my husband keeps muttering "crocodiles, bilruzia" (I know I'm not spelling that correctly). Has anyone done this?

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:36 PM
santharamhari

I did the rafting in November. It wasnt cold at all.....but, i think they have wet suits for colder temps. If you are into whitewater rafting at all, these are the best rapids i hv been on. My only other experiences are in Alaska and India

Hari