Notices

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Apr 24th, 1998, 10:06 AM
Caroline

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

I'm going to South Africa in June/July and will be spending four days in Zimbabwe. One
or two of those nights will be at Victoria Falls. I'd like to find something else to do in the area -- ie. a game park -- that I don't have to fly to. Someone recommended Chobe (Botswana) or Imbabala.
Has anyone heard of these two or has other suggestions of things to do? Any help would be
appreciated.

May 25th, 1998, 07:17 AM
sarah

Hi ! I have been to Zimbabwe twice and adore it there, we visited victoria falls both times and it is so beautiful. There is a national park in Victoria Falls which is quite good, we saw lots of elephants and giraffe there. Try to do a breakfast cruise, it is magic !! You have the boat to yourself and they serve a hot breakfast and take you to see the hippos and crocs. Don't miss it.
You can also do a huge BUNGEE off the bridge if you want to !
We went white water rafting as well which was brilliant, don't worry there's loads to do there !
Try to visit the "Safari Lodge, it has its own watering hole and is a magnificent place.

Enjoy it...I'm jealous !!

The company we used was Shearwater.

May 25th, 1998, 02:16 PM
bob

go to hwange for 1 1/2 days. it is just a couple hrs down the road. make reservations from vic falls when you arrive. several places right in town up from the post office/across the street from the
campgrounds(nr the ice cream shop). price 2or 3 out and what they can do for you. the gov't places in the park are ok. just get a good guide and vehicle. if you ride horses and are expert, one co. can take you riding near game-real close. canoeing is another option-but you get the idea-lots to do, just check out the tour cos. they usually can book you immediately.have fun.

Search this Thread