Victoria Falls/Mombassa

Jun 27th, 1997, 04:11 AM
San

Victoria Falls/Mombassa

Has anyone been to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, is it worth seeing? Is it possible to go to masai mara and then fly to the falls in 5/6 days? Any suggestion on where to go to in Mobassa, I hear the south beach is recommended over the North? Any hotels recommeded? Thanks much! San

Jul 15th, 1997, 09:00 AM
Adam Sansom

The only part of your question I can answer is about Victoria Falls. ABSOLUTELY YES!! The falls are one of the most spectacular sights I have ever seen - it knocks Niagra into a cocked hat. Although there are about 3 modern hotels nearby the falls are totally unspoilt (indeed in many places when I went there was only a dirt trail and a 3-foot high fence). The only marketing was a local on a pushbike selling ice-cream! The best side to see the falls is from Zimbabwe and the "Flight of Angels" scenic flight from the local airport is also well worth the money. Have Fun!!

Aug 12th, 1997, 02:13 PM
Delilah

We loved Diani Beach when we went to Mombasa. I also stayed on Shelley Beach once, but Diani was FAR better. I think next time I go to the Kenyan coast, I will try using half my time on Diani Beach and half in Malindi, which I hear is spectacular.
For pictures of where we stayed in Kenya on our most recent trip, our home page is
http://web2.airmail.net/kurtray

Delilah

Oct 3rd, 1997, 01:11 PM
Ms. Ava Fulghum

I enjoyed reading your information about Victoria falls. It sounds so beautiful and I like the rustic aspect. I have been to Africa twice so far and love the feel of freedom. Do you have any idea of a place where they take abandoned baby cheeta, raise them and return them to the wild. The take interested participants to assist and that person is me. Thanks for you interest and help. I loved your artical. I love the free beauty of Africa.

Search this Thread