Search

November visit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November visit

I will be on safari Nov. 17-21. What kind of weather can I expect.My first two days are in the Delta region and the next in the sauve region.At that point I will spent 5 days in CapeTown.
Thanks-Steve
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM
sandi

We were in CPT end November and found the weather during the day was lovely, probably high 60s, mid-70s - but at that time of the year they have what I believe are called "black or dark winds"???

(Selwyn, where are you with the exact name???)

You can actually see these black clouds rolling over the city and it does get windy, sometimes very windy, that you have to hold onto something or someone - a jacket would be recommended.

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, that black cloud thing sounds exotic.What about the rest of the city.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:09 AM
sandi

Rest of the city of CPT is a beauty and what many of us call "a keeper".

Weather in the Delta Region and Savuti will be warm to hot and expect some humidity, though the mornings and nights can be cold.

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 12:37 PM

That Black cloud thing that sounds exotic is what we call a "Black South-Easter" also known as the Cape Doctor (Because it blows our excess humidity and pollution out to sea and berids us of this problem) Believe me it is far from exotic and Sandi is correct when she says that you had better hold onto anything in sight. Anyway it only arrives in Town every now and when it visits us it is always for a rather short period.

Sandi's report about the weather is spot on and I would recommend visiting Cape Town in November highly. Dont forget your bathing costume Sciements because the beaches will be calling.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:15 AM
sandi

Selwyn - Thanks for the correct name of the Black South Easter - just couldn't seem to remember the actual name. And boy is it strange to look up over the V&A and just see "them" up there. Amazing image.

Old Jun 14th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Sly

I was in CT during the last week of Nov and the weather was wonderful! Sunny and warm, although windy, but not unpleasantly so. Be sure to choose your day at the top of Table Mtn. carefully so as not to encounter the "Table Cloth"! The views without the cloud cover are incredible. You will love Cape Town!