victoria falls-how much walking is there?

Jan 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

victoria falls-how much walking is there?

Once you get to the park, how much actual walking is there to see the Falls? My partner is unable to walk long distances and hilly areas. Please advise. thank you
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM

On the Zim side the paths are all quite level, hard surfaced, and there are "crossovers" that allow you to terminate the loop early; otherwise it's maybe a 40 min - 1 hr loop if you poke along. There are places to sit and stare, too. One or two of the lookouts require navigating some rocks or boulders (nothing huge, just uneven) but those areas can be skipped without any terrible loss of experience.
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM

On the Zam side, there is some walking to get to the falls (I'm guessing maybe a quarter mile) and then the trail goes down, not terribly steeply - but maybe difficult for someone who has trouble walking. Your partner would probably be able to get to the top of the falls, but again, even that is some walking distance - you can't pull a car right up to an overlook. As I remember, though, there's a car bridge below the falls and you might be able to see them from there - it's a ways off from the falls and definitely wouldn't give the experience of being right there and getting soaked from the mist.

Search this Thread