Victoria Falls & Port Elizabeth

Sep 10th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Anne

Victoria Falls & Port Elizabeth

I would like to know if anyone has taken the trip to Victoria Falls from Johannesburg or Pretoria. I will also be spending several days in Port Elizabeth and am interested in any suggested itineries for the area. Is safety an issue in either of those regions? I am hoping to do some traveling with my son (age 18) while my husband is tied up with business obligations. Thanks!

Sep 10th, 2002, 11:19 PM
jen

I can only help you with Port Elizabeth: the town is dull compared to the areas around. Rent a car if you can, drive carefully & NOT at night, and visit Jeffreys Bay (watch surfers, collect great shells, go surfing), Tsitsikamma Nat. Park, Addo Elephant National Park (make a reservation for a game drive), Shamwari or Scotia, and Grahmstown. There are lots more knock-your-socks-off places on the coast as well. If you can't rent a car you can book tours of the game parks where you can board a minibus in Port Elizabeth. Safety is an issue; keep your money & documents well stashed and don't hang expensive cameras around your neck. Most people, however, are extremely friendly and helpful. Enjoy!

Search this Thread