Victoria Falls

Apr 1st, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Victoria Falls

We are closer to finializing our August trip to Africa, and need advise on the Vic Falls part of our trip. Does anyone have advice on the pros/cons of these choices 1. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge or Zambia sun hotel. Originally I had some concerns about staying on the Zimbabwe side, but due to air scedules, staying on the Zambia side may be much more travel time.Flying into Livingsston would involve an overnight stay in Johannesburg. Where ever we stay, it now looks like we will fly into Vic Falls and do a road transfer if we end up a Zambia Sun. With passport control, it looks like this may be really time consuming. I guess I'm now leaning towards one night at Victoria Falls Safari lodge before continuing on to Impalila lodge.
As I rethink my concerns about staying on the Zimbabwe side of the falls, I would welcome your imput. Thanks!
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:34 AM

Dear Wendy226,

I had a package arranged for me when I was in south africa. I stayed at the Al'Zambezi lodge "right" on the zambezi river-so very pleasant. At least I think that's how you spell it-how very embarrassing. This was all arranged for me by Christo Hauptfleisch at [email protected]. My package including airfare with transfers plus accommodation for 3 nights was R4790.00 Since I stayed with the locals, this was all arranged for me. If you need anymore help please post again.
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:35 AM

Dear Wendy226,

One more thing-never use your credit card in zimbabwe-you should be fine.

Search this Thread