Victoria Falls

Oct 28th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Bri

Victoria Falls

Hi
Has anyone been to Victoria Falls lately and got any advice. What would you recommend to see/do?
Are things cheap?
Also, is it worth taking a trip to Livingston?
Cheers

Oct 29th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Joey

Hi.
I don't know how soon you need your information, but I am going next week. Email me and we'll talk.

Oct 30th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Emily

I went in October 1999. The city was quite small then, but fabulous. I am a traveler who doesn't mind staying in hostels, so I am not sure what you are looking for. But I was disappointed with the touristy atmosphere that was building up there. I stayed in a small hostel that did not have electricity then and they were building a pool. There is a great resturant there that serves Crocodile Stew (YUM!). To get into the falls is quite expensive for a Zimbabwian, but mediocre for an American ($20?). Give yourself time at the falls, especially around sunset. Great and cheap curious there, but pushy vendors! They would love your watch or Nike shirt for any of their crafts! If you are daring, the river rafting is a THRILL! I would suggest at least a couple days there. I went into Botswana from there, but I hear the rest of Zimbabawa is fairly poor and depressing. I would definitely suggest Botswana with a great local guide! The smaller the group, the more animals you will see! Good luck.

Oct 30th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Ed & Gloria

Hi

WE JUST GOT BACK 12 OCT 02. WE STAYED ONE NITE, THAT WAS ENOUGH UPON ARRIVAL ZIM WE PAID US 30.00 EACH AND 30.00 AGAIN ON DEPARTURE AND US 20.00 EACH FOR ENTRY TO THE FALLS. WATER LEVEL WAS LOW, NOT IMPRESSIVE. STAYED AT SPRAYVIEW HOTEL 1 1/2 STARS ADEQUATE. ASK TO SEE ROOM FIRST! 90.00 US DOLLARS A NITE PER ROOM. UPON LEAVING ZIM YOU WILL NEED US DOLLARS FOR DEPARTURE TAX. DO NOT GO OUT AT NIGHT UNLESS YOU TAKE A CAB, PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE! DAY TIME SHOPPING IS VERY GOOD. TAXI TO AIRPORT FOR YOUR RETURN FLIGHT IS NEGOTIABLE us 15.00 BUT ON ARRIVAL YOU WILL PAY US 20.00 FOR THE CAB. ADVICE GO TO NIAGRA FALLS THE CANADIAN SIDE STAY AT THE HILTON HOTEL.
P.S. HIGH TEA AT VICTORIA HOTEL CHEAP BUT POOR QALITY BUT A NICE EXPERIENCE

ALL THE BEST ED & GLORIA

Oct 30th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Lisa

Hi Ed and Gloria. I was wondering how yoru trip went. I'd love to hear more details about your trip.When you are ready, post a report. Did you go over to the Zambian side?

Nov 18th, 2002, 04:45 AM
leila

the falls are much more spectacular from the Zambian side, plus you can do the livingstone island picnic right above the falls, book through a hotel.

Search this Thread