Victoria Falls

Jun 15th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Ed & Gloria

Victoria Falls

Hi:

We are going to Victoria Falls for one night in September. We arrive in Zim from Joberg and have a hold on a reservation with the Sprayview. If anyone has stayed at this hotel could we please have a critique? We read Evelyn's comments concerning her recent trip, very interesting. Question, is the Zambian side of the falls best over all?

Thank you all in advance.

Jun 15th, 2002, 07:40 AM
evelyntrav

I believe the falls are different in September and June as the flow depends on the seasons. When we were there in June, there was so much water that the Zambian side was awesome and the Zim side too misty from the spray to see very much. We were told that when the water level is low, the Zambian side is less exciting and you can walk across to some of the islands that were under water in June. I suspect the Sprayview can give you more nformation, and even make arrangements for you to see both sides. Seeing both sides involves crossing borders for which there is a charge.

Warning... you will get soaked even with ponchos. It was like being in a heavy rainfall. Your shoes will be saturated so be prepared. Also, put your watch in a plastic baggie. Our guide had an umbrella which really helped when we took photos. The photos from the waterproof camera we bought for this purpose did not come out very well, but the shots we took with our point-and-shoot camera while under the umbrella were wonderful.

Jun 16th, 2002, 03:41 PM
carol

We were there in late august and saw both sides. We stayed on the Zim side and it was nice, not to much spray as the water level was low. I would say the best photo shots I got were from the Zambia side while walking to the knife's edge site. Those had the rainbows along with the falls. We were not charged any fee to cross the border but I believe we had to pay $10 to enter the park on the other side. Just remember you must go though the immagration building and get stamped coming and going. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread