Victoria Falls

Jun 9th, 1997, 03:33 PM
Kyle

Victoria Falls

Is there any wildlife around Victoria Falls and is the white water rafting any good.

Jun 10th, 1997, 06:20 AM
andrew

Victoria Falls is surrounded by superb game reserves, including Hwange, Zambezi National Park, and Chobe in Botswana. You can find wildlife, including elephants, right on the edge of town. As for white-water rafting, the trip down the Zambezi may be the best in the world. You need no experience, despite the fact that the rapids are all Class 4 and 5. It's a thrilling experience not to be missed. The most heart-stopping time to go rafting is October, although the falls themselves are not nearly as impressive then. Rafting stops or is curtailed from around March through May because the water level is too high.

Jun 18th, 1997, 06:20 AM
Gary

We did Vic Falls a couple years ago. We only had time to do the 1/2 day rafting. So we are going back in Dec/Jan and will do the full day plus 3 days canoing in the upper Zambezi. The rafting was teriffic. At the 1/2 point we climbed out of the canyon and went directly to the airport soaking wet. Super...

Jul 18th, 1997, 01:15 PM
Pam Covington

Andrew, I've read several of your responses in the departure lounge and I like your travel style. I am planning a 3 - 4 week trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe (I think). I want to visit a few game reserves, take in a bit of local culture, and pick up some local art work. I don't want to city hop. I have to spend a week in Durban for the World Firefighter Olympics, but other than that I'm open for suggestions. Is Harare worth the trip? Will I be able to raft on the Zambezi? Should I go with a tour group or travel with a small group of friends? Help!!!

Search this Thread