Vic Falls Safari Lodge Boma restaurant

Jul 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Vic Falls Safari Lodge Boma restaurant

Hi everyone

Me again. We will ve staying at the Vic Falls Hotel but have heard it may be worth heading over to the Vic Falls Safari Lodge for the massive buffett dinner and the experience at the Vic Falls Safari Lodge's Boma Restaurant. My husband has a bit of a weak stomach so we wonder is it worth checking out for the experience or is it best to stick with dinners at the Vic Falls Hotel?

Thanks
Jul 5th, 2005, 08:01 PM

The quality of the food will not be a problem, even for weak stomachs. I'm a vegetarian and had no problems...neither did any of the meat eaters in my group. Everyone enjoyed it...it's touristy, but fun. Just skip the mopane worms...this was one time that the "sorry, they look wonderful, but I'm a vegetarian" really came in handy. For a change of pace, dinner at Ilala Lodge is nice too...its less formal than the VFH, outdoors, food is simple but well prepared (and cheap!). Lots of interesting Africa travellers at the bar and at the restaurant, as the more adventurous types (not backpackers, just independent travellers) tend to stay here.
Jul 5th, 2005, 08:10 PM

I second the recommendation for the restaurant at Ilala Lodge and I mentioned in response to your safety question that you should go over to Mama Africa and have dinner there one night. I recommend trying one of the local "pot dinners". I had the chicken with groundnut one (they are like a stew) and it was delicious.
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM

Stayed and ate there in 99. It was fun to try many different kinds of local game, my favourites are Warthog and Eland. It is about over the top, but fun for a night.

Search this Thread