Search

Vic Falls Hotel advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vic Falls Hotel advice

We need help on our Vic Falls accomodations.
We are visiting in March 2008, and as suggested on this forum, we are querying TAs about an itineray.
One suggests the Vic Falls Hotel, in Zimbabwe. On the Zimbabwe side it appears to us that we incur visa fees, plus you pay to get to the falls.
Another suggests The Royal Livingstone in Zambia, claiming that the Vic Falls Hotel is getting a bit shabby plus there is no fee to access the falls.
Also lots of discussions about which side has the best views. We want to do the ele ride, and don't want to pay a visa fee just to get to that.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM

the falls from either side should be quite full in March. $20.00 to enter the Zim side. The Vic Falls Hotel was actually getting spruced up when I was there in Nov. (saw painters painting anyway). check out the reviews for both the Royal Livingstone and the Vic Falls Hotel on trip advisor. neither is rated very high overall.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
santharamhari

agree with Dennis....March will be well into the rainy season, so should be good......

Old Feb 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM

My husband and son stayed at the Victoria Falls Hotel in December. They really liked it - but, my husband wanted an "old fashioned" feel and not some modern hotel. They were quite pleased with their room, the grounds, and the food. Altho, he thought our son would have been happier with some different food options.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 08:50 PM

I would have been happier with different food options also.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:23 AM

Was just there a couple of weeks ago.. the property was great.. not shabby at all. I prefered the view from the Zimbabwe side this time of the year. The Ellie ride is available on both sides from Safpar.

Richard